Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
½ lb. smoked salmon, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 heads red leaf lettuce, torn
¼ c. pecans, toasted and chopped
¼ c. olive oil
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. dijon mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan of boiling water, add the asparagus and cook for about 5
- Drain the asparagus well.
- In a serving bowl, add the asparagus and remaining salad ingredients
- In another bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and beat until well
- Place the dressing over salad and gently, toss to coat well.
- Serve immediately.
NUTRITION: Calories 223 Carbohydrates 8.5g Protein 11.7g Fat 17.2g
Sugar 3.4g Sodium 960mg Fiber 3.5g Smart Points: 2