Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
3 eggs, beaten
1 onion, grated
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
Salt and pepper to taste
2 lb. potatoes, peeled and grated
¼ cup all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Chopped onion chives
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, onion, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze moisture from the shredded potatoes using paper towel.
- Add potatoes to the egg mixture.
- Stir in the flour.
- Put the oil in a pan then heat over medium heat.
- Cook a small amount of the batter for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Repeat process until the rest of the batter is used.
- Garnish with the chives.
NUTRITION: Calories 266 Fat 11.6g Sodium 360mg Carbohydrates 34.6g
Fiber 9g Sugar 3g Protein 7.5g Smart Points: 1